Criteria 4 Consideration (C4C) website postings
In order to be posted on Positioning 4 Retirement’s website as a qualified team professional, individuals must meet and maintain licensing requirement in the state in which they are practicing. In addition, they must meet the following specific requirements:
- Must be in good standing with the state and/or county bar association.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience practicing law in the field of estate planning, elder law, and Medicaid.
- Must maintain legal malpractice insurance with a minimum coverage of $500,000 per occurrence.
- Must never have had disciplinary action taken by the disciplinary board of the supreme court of his or her state.
- If rated by Martindale-Hubble, attorney must be AV or BV rated. Can also be unrated.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Must have an active license to practice as a certified public accountant.
- Must be in good standing, including no past or pending disciplinary actions with your state board of public accountancy.
- Must have experience with individual federal, state, and estate tax planning and preparation.
- Must maintain sufficient professional liability insurance.
- Licensed in both life and health insurance.
- Must maintain an Error and Omission insurance policy with a minimum of $1,000,000 per claim, $2,000,000 aggregate per insured.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working with annuities, life, and long-term care insurance.
- Represents 10+ insurance companies.
- Has no disciplinary activity.
- Is fee-only investment professional.
- Has a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the industry.
- Is in good standings with no prior infractions from any regulatory agency.
- Must maintain current Error and Omission coverage related to investment and financial services.
- Does not participate in offerings of illiquid investments, viaticals, or any other strategy that would not allow access to the investor’s funds.